Wednesday, January 25, 2006

No transfer to SNF yet, Hemoglobin low

The transfer to the SNF that we anticipated yesterday didn't happen. Denise's hemoglobin went to 8.7, so procrit was given. It turns out that she did have a private room lined up at the SNF. I'm grateful that there was that option, not only for the peace & quiet, but also due to infection concerns. Anyway, as the day went on, that room became unavailable. In fact, the SNF rep in charge of transfers said that there were no open beds. I assume that means she'll stay in the hospital a little longer. If so, hopefully she can stay on the same floor she's on. The nursing care there is very attentive. There were some more happenings, but I don't have time to go into them. I don't know what's going on today. However, Gracie does have an ear infection (not contagious), my aunt left last night, and my mom & dad are not feeling well (mom's sick, dad's on chemo). So it would make sense, given the trends, that today would be selected as the day to move her, while everything else in my little world is busy as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home