Monday, January 16, 2006

Move to nursing home today? Yikes!

Denise just called me and said that a case worker visited her and said they're talking about moving her out to a skilled nursing facility today. Notice the holiday Monday that we're sittin on. I guess we're in that bubble where she's considered not bad enough to need to stay in a hospital but not well enough to go home, either. So a skilled nursing facility is the middle ground. I saw the nuring home Friday night, but it was after visiting hours & nobody could show us around. I'd really like to first be made aware of other options for area nursing homes that can handle patients on TPN and give rehab care. Denise is hardly eating anything, and even said she was wretching some more last night. After two discharges that resulted in us returning for two more hospital stays, her stopping anti-seizure meds only a few days ago, not knowing what the problem is that's causing the vomiting (SMAS or refeeding syndrome), and more, I'm not keen on losing the acute care security blanket quite yet. I called PacifiCare and the rep said that their system is down, she could only answer general benefit questions, and recommended that I call back again in one hour.
Pray, pull, tug.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Got It Buddy!
Rose

January 16, 2006 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my friend, I am praying and I am pulling for you guys... I pray that The Lord will guide and direct things today and days to come that Denise is where he wants her to be. God be with you all, I love you and I am praying....
call me if you need anything

January 16, 2006 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized that I did not sign my blog, duh how can you call me if you dont know who it is,,,
Its Renee

January 16, 2006 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Phil! A nursing home today? Seems kinda fast after all you two have been through. I"m sorry they haven't figured out why Denise can't keep food down yet. Bummer. If she goes to a nursing home try to have someone there most of the time the first couple days to see how treatment is. With these places patient care is hit or miss, watch out. If family can advocate for the patient more things get done. Be careful!
-Trisha

January 16, 2006 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,
Is Jacie still there helpingg you? I agree with the above post If you can have someone there the first few days to keep a close eye on Things I think you would be better off. I also know that is easer said than done.

Lord Jesus Please be in the midts of this entire situation. Please be a guiding light for ech and every person involved. You Lord know better than we do so we give all of this to you as we have so many times before. May your will and plan prevail

Love and lots of prayers Kristen

January 16, 2006 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home