Sunday, January 08, 2006

Not holding food down, Another IV

Denise is not holding food down. There was no nausea, so we’re wondering if it’s possible that she has a condition brought up shortly before her second discharge, wherein she so skinny that an artery from the heart that crosses a part of the intestine is causing the intestine to collapse, and hence causing the vomiting. Even the tiniest bit of food usually made her vomit. The best luck she had was with chicken soup. The shake’s that we’d had good luck with so far weren’t even staying down. As a result, she didn’t have much energy today and slept most of the time. She only got up for bathroom breaks to retrain the bladder. She couldn’t stay up very long and wanted to lay down again. There was an IV (the last IV was only saline, by the way, this one also has potassium) delivered this afternoon that we started a few hours ago. It made a difference for the better. Tonight Denise was still tired, but looked better and said she felt better. We talked about the possibility of needing to put in a j-tube again. She doesn’t like the thought, but if that’s what it takes, then so be it.
I start back to work tomorrow, and Gracie’s starting up at the preschool, too. Jacob will continue in the home daycare that one of our neighbors runs. I’m anxious about balancing work in with the mix that I’m already trying to stay on top of. I’m usually pretty efficient & organized. But having Denise home with two small children is way more hectic than what I thought it would be. Toss up some prayer for me along with Denise. We’re trying to figure out what to arrange for home care once my aunt goes back to her family & work later this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you Phil and Denise. I was reminded of a verse as I was driving to work this morning. It seems we are all very tired and weary. My wife, myself and daughter as I am sure are all of you are dragging going into today. God will lift us up so that we can fly as the Eagle and walk as the youth walks. He will sustain us and cause us to walk on solid rock. When our legs wobble, He will make them strong. I know it doesn't say it in the Bible, but I think He also picks up the corners of our mouths when we have no energy to smile either. And while His answers may seem slow in coming, know that with every minute that passes you are closer to hearing from Him.

January 09, 2006 6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you all. I hope Denise will start to feel better soon. God pleases give Denise and Phil the strength they need. Amen.

Sandi

January 09, 2006 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home