Monday, January 23, 2006

Transfer from hospital to SNF Tuesday

Denise is slated to transfer from Huntington Hospital to Foothill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center sometime tomorrow. What time is anybody's guess. Today she threw up once. The doctor's best guess is that SMAS, not refeeding syndrome, nor the more recently suggested Fanconi syndrome, is her problem, and that weight gain will lead to correction of the problem. TPN was discontinued, and she's now only on feeding tube nourishment. Her spirits were good, and she walked around and did bed exercises a few times.
She'll be moved from Pasadena (where I work) to Glendora, which will make it hard for me to dash off to visit her throughout the day. Once I know her rehab schedule at the SNF (it won't be very intensive, and she'll have lots of free time), we'd like to get some people in to spend some time with her during each day of the week. If you think you might be able to rotate some time with her into your daily or weekly schedule, get ready... I'll put out the call in a post soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad our power came back on a few minutes ago so I could check your latest post. May God's peace be with you as his transfer to SNF occurs, and may His strength enfold her, and be given to her and all of your family as well. I pray for healing for Denise and strength for you having so very, very much to deal with. Carol B.

January 23, 2006 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Let me know her schedule, since I am here in Glendora I will make sure that I spend some time with her. Also Phil if you need to drop the kids off for a couple hours while you are visiting, let me know they can come hang with me and the boys. The only night not good are thursdays. I am here if you need anything. Love to you both, blessings to you all,
we love you,
Renee, and the boys (Bailey)

January 24, 2006 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phil, I can come Tuesday evenings :)
Blessings-Margaret

January 24, 2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home