Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Lunch out? Better PT day

Being able to eat a meal together as a family is a wonderful thing, and here's a photo to prove it. Get a load of this: Denise told me that her doctor thought I might be able to take her out to a restaurant for lunch this weekend! I just need to receive the wheelchair/walker orientation from a PT. I hope that's truly the case, and I can't wait to talk to the doctor tomorrow to find out if this is true. The last time we went out for a meal was on a trip to Big Bear the weekend before she started feeling ill.
Thanks for pulling for my wife after yesterday's frustrating day! You all are quite the tug-o-war team, and here are the results: She told me that the pain wasn't too bad today, that she had walked way farther than yesterday, and that the PT said she was almost doing it on her own for a time. Some people emailed their own personal rehab triumph stories, which I haven't been able to read to her yet. But I'm sure they'll be an encouragement. She's still eating well, no vomit. She will be on a calorie count tomorrow through Friday. Jacob called her "Mama" again, gave her kisses, and they played together for a while. Though he was weaned about six months ago, he still went grabbing for the food. Yep, I'm pretty certain that he recognizes Denise now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil - Are we ready for that ramp at home yet? Sounds like sooner is better... Neighbor Robert

December 07, 2005 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL NEWS!!

December 07, 2005 7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, yah, yah!

Love you,
Rachel

December 07, 2005 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home