Saturday, October 01, 2005

Saturday Morning update, better, Digoxin

The hospital just touched base with me. Things continue to look a little better (coming from the same nurse that had her yesterday, that carries some weight).
She's got a pigtial drain in her ab because they found a small pus area, but not much is coming out. I assumed that it will also continually drain the ascites, but I don't know.

Heart rate is 110-117, partially due to administering Digoxin. That's one I haven't heard of yet.
She got a bunch of Amikacin for bacteria (chance of kidney harm in high prolonged doses, from what I understand) and Fluconazole (had that before for a time), thinking there might be some fungal thing going on somewhere. We'll see. Again, pour it on for the I.D. doctor... finding the infection and nailing it will help Denise's recovery in all other areas.
Temperateure is 99.8-100.4, requiring constant use of the cooling blanket.
She had Ativan early in the morning for sedation, morphine has been lowered.
Physical therapy already came to work with her. Since she's so weak, they're primarily doing range of motion rather than strength building.

A friend wound up having the kids stay overnight, Denise's folks are at a hotel near the hospital, my Tennessee buddy that's been my crutch stayed with his family in Orange County. I had the house to myself last night. I got about 7 hours of sleep! As tired as I am, I know Denise has it worse. Denise's Idaho buddy gave me a bunch of CDs that I'm adding to her iPod for a greater variety of encouragement and entertainment. Off to the hospital I go!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU LORD FOR YOUR BLESSINGS, KEEP THE SHOWERS COMING!

October 01, 2005 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,

If I don't get to see you again before I catch the plane, pretend that I'm giving you another big hug! Thank you for the precious time that I got to spend with you and Denise. We will continue to pray. Our hearts are with you and your family. Love to you all.

Rachel

October 01, 2005 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Father,
Oh how we thank You for Your Faith-
fulness, and how You have heard the cries of Your children on behalf of Your daughter Denise and her family. Dearest Father please continue to touch our sister and help her to feel Your Presence and the peace that passes all understanding. You continue to show Yourself Faithful and give Hope when we think things are hopeless. You truly are a Loving and Awesome God. Blessings to you Phil and Denise. We love you and will continue to intercede on your behalf. Love - Bob & Rose

October 01, 2005 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you of possibly an alternate route to USC. I live 5 min from arcadia methodist and during rush hour can get to USC in 30-35 min. It is also a non stressful drive (no freeways). Take Huntington Dr. all the way until it splits into a Y. Bear left onto Soto st. Turn Right onto Alcazar St. and Left onto San Pablo. I hope this helps you!

October 01, 2005 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home